Pan Heong Restaurant - Batu Caves

by - 8:57 PM


Its been quite awhile since I was last there - this place brings memories I had with my dad before he passed on. Why? My dad brought me to another place, just across from this restaurant, is another restaurant, not exactly a restaurant, it looks more of a shack type of house. It was his last visit which neither he nor I knew then. As I am writing this, I am feeling a wave of sadness and misses him.

Anyway, Pan Heong is open only from 8am to 330pm and is known for dishes such as "Wat Tan Hor" (Cantonese Fried Flat Noodles)- it is indeed much more appetising than the photo :) It is just nicely flavored with the right amount of sauce.

The other specialty is the below dish - "Pei Tan Sau Yoke Chook" (Century Egg Pork Congee). They are quite generous, in my view, with the amount of century eggs and 'porky'. The congee or otherwise known as porridge, is well cooked. You cant exactly taste or bite into the rice grain itself. The texture of the congee is not too thick nor diluted. This is obviously tastier than the 'congee' one has when one is ill ;-)

The restaurant serves quite alot of other dishes which I have not exactly tried; I am always there for lunch as my field trip during work takes me there, when planned.

Pan Heong Restaurant can be found at:

No 2 Jalan Medan Batu Caves 2
Medan Batu Caves
68100 Bt Caves

If you are coming from Jln Kuching towards Batu Caves (using the old road before all the expansion and developments), you will need to proceed towards the slip road on your left (or look out for Hosp. Selayang sign), then keep right to make a U-turn from the fly-over bridge. And, you are on your way BACK to KL - from here, you past the Selayang Wet Market and past an overhead pedestrian bridge, keep left and look out for a big 'Batu Caves' sign. Here, you turn left, first traffic light, turn right. You will see shoplots at both sides. Proceed on for 10-20meters, and you will see the restaurant at the corner of the left shoplots.

You can also try the one across (look for a typical type shack house), cant recall if its on the left or right! Their food is just as good .. yummy.

Happy Hunting!






View Larger Map

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been to this restaurant. Kinda like their fish porridge in claypot. They are also popular for their sang har yee mee. Havent been there for along time..too far and too crowded especially on weekends.

    ReplyDelete