Ming Chun Kee Seafood

by - 9:00 PM

This place was first introduced to me by some doctor friends. We were there for only one particular dish I knew then. If you read on, you will know which dish I am referring to as there are only 3 photos here.Hahaha.

I informed the lady boss that I am 'flogging' (food blogging or otherwise known as flogger), so she said she will introduce some of their special dishes. This was one of the dish - 'Butter Curry Prawn' which was very tasty with the right amount of curry flavor, curry leaves and 5 prawns for 4 pax (this is a personal joke between my badminton aka makan kakis'!) The only setback of this dish is that it is very rich in butter, as no oil is being used to cook! I was giving feedback to the lady boss, obviously, too much oil, and I stand corrected. Anyhow, my badminton game that night was 'powderful' due to the 'prawn effect'! ;-)


This other specialty, 'Hoong Siew Pai Kuat' (Spare Ribs) is so tasty! The meat was cooked to the right tenderness, if there's ever such a statement for it! Some places overcooked the meat, hence, resulting in the meat being dry and one needs more chewing effort. The sauce goes very well with rice as it increases my appetite. I am sure it will do the same for you. I am now drooling as I am flogging despite having pork trotter for lunch - which i will post on later!

Huh, finally, this was the first dish I was introduced to as mentioned earlier. Despite not being there for the last 2 years, they have been consistent - I wonder if there is QC or SOP. This is 'Seong Thong LaLa" (Superior LaLa Soup).
It has just the right amount of shredded ginger, to 'take away the clammish' smell, if you know what I mean. One can taste the 'Hsiao Xing' wine, not too over powering, but the right amount to give one the 'kick'. Friends and family that I have brought there, never fails too drink the soup by itself, and 'dries up' quite quickly - not from the fire below to keep the dish hot, but from the people who eats!

Ming Chun Kee, have 'upgraded' itself i.e. flooring is now tile and the shop seemed to look slightly bigger than I last remembered. The wonderful thing is it is now open for lunch too. It used to be only open for dinner. Try not to go on a Tuesday night as its pasar malam (night market) time.
I have tried 'Yau Cham Yue' (Deep Fried Fish) - cooked to perfection. You will not be able to see any bones left from the fish. This place whips out dishes which is closer to home and is quite reasonable.
You can locate Ming Chun Kee right across Diethelm in Petaling Jaya:
No 46 Jalan 17/1A
Petaling Jaya
Selangor.
Operating Hours: 1130am - 230pm, 5pm - 11pm
Tel: +603-7957 4129







View Larger Map

You May Also Like

0 comments