Seremban Beef Noodles - Queen's or King's?

by - 3:27 AM

My family do not eat beef due to religion, as we pray to Goddess of Mercy (Kuan Yin) at home. According to myths, Goddess of Mercy's father was transformed into a cow, thus, the story of why no beef for those who prays to Kuan Yin.

I dont know how I was introduced to this particular meat, but the humorous part was, I was told as long as I don't eat 'in front' (Goddess of Mercy's statue was in the main living room!), it's okay. And that was with my first McDonald Beef Burger, which i consumed inside the kitchen many many years ago. We used to have a 'Kitchen God' altar! hahaha. My belief is, as long as I am good, do not kill (okay, ants and mosquitoes do not qualify!), conscience is clear and I can sleep with peace of mind and I pray in my heart, Goddess of Mercy, will be 'merciful' to me. Hahaha. Hmm???

I have tried few versions of beef noodles, the first was in KL (not the one in Tengkat Tung Shin) when I was still in secondary school, probably, that's how I got started! I particularly like the thinly sliced beef which is so tender and sweet and 'just cooked'! Thus, my journey of beef noodles continues..

I was introduced to the King's beef noodles in Seremban town itself, as I used to frequent Seremban (south of Kuala Lumpur) for work on a weekly basis. Being a 'new kid in town', I obviously have to .. search for food. What else??? I will tell you more about King's the next time I go there and blog about the place.

Now, behind every successful man is a ..Queen! Yes, they are related, brother and sister. And, the 'old king' started in Seremban market itself. The father. Queen's is located in Kemayan, Seremban.

The Beef Noodles in Queen's is slightly different from King's, despite sharing the same recipe. The noodles are the same, home made, family secret recipe. No boric acid! You get more sesame seeds and peanuts from Queen's. Queen's has both air-conditioned and al-fresco (for those who smokes!!!) as its located in a new vicinity, unlike King's which is in the middle of town, intermediate shop lot concept.

You need to mix up everything so all the ingredients blends nicely with the sauce and noodles. It does not give you the 'gooey' taste but rather delicious with slices of beef that came with it, which is just cooked.

One can opt for the 'spare parts' i.e. intestines, etc. I cant comment much about this as I do not consume the internal 'organs', as beef does have a certain 'smell' to it, if you know what I mean. By the look of it, I think it should be good? Those of you who have tried it before, do share your comments.

Each bowl of noodles comes with beef balls. The beef balls here are just, okay. Nothing fantastic but reasonably okay. The below portion is for 3 pax, while the above 'spare parts' are for 2 pax.

No meal is complete without their famous ICE LEMON TEA - again another family secret! This is the BEST I have ever had. They would blend the ice as I can hear the blender making a huge 'fuss' with the ice. And what comes out of it, is sheer perfection! It has the right balance of tea, lemon and obviously, ice and is so, thirst quenching..what more on a hot day out in the sun! Nope, that's not the foam from the milk, but rather is from the ice that has been crushed. I wonder how they do that??
Between the 'Old King', 'Queen's' & 'King's, I always return to King's for sure, never fails. The only time it fails, is when King's is not open for business :( Let me warn you, King's is rather erractic as one just don't know if it's open or close. Thus, I have taken down King's mobile number, and I would call to ask if its open, then I would head on to Seremban town for a thirst quenching ice lemon tea with delicious beef noodles.
The contact for King's is: 012 - 654 9467 and he may sound rather harsh or rude on the phone, but that's just him.
Direction:
1) Take the 2nd toll exit to Seremban and go past Seremban General Hospital (on your right), you will come to a 'bridge'
2) As you approach the 'bridge', you will see a sign on your left that says "Pusat Bandaraya' (Town), take that turn down and you will merge with a main street
3) As you are on the main street, you will pass the only shopping mall (Parkson) on your right, and Caltex petrol station on your left.
4) At the 2nd traffic light, turn left (or look out for Standard Chartered Bank as your landmark) and you will come 'face to face' with a The Store Supermarket, directly opposite you.
5) Turn right at the light, and first right turn, and look out on your left, King's Restaurant, which is an intermediate lot (orange colored sign - could be a F&N sponsored signage).
Call before you go, otherwise, go Kemayan and try Queen's then post your comment. Ps: I shall upload the address next week.


You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. foodkrazie owner..gone crazy dy by updating so much suddenly!..haha..but is so great to see much more unbiased and truly good food reviews!!

    makan makan makan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. We really appreciate that.

    For your information, King's Beef Noodle Restaurant in Seremban has resumed business on August 8th 2012. Thank you for your support!

    Best regards,
    King's Beef Noodle Restaurant
    +60126549467

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is King's Beef Noodle Restaurant still open? Hear no more in business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will be opened in PJ Uptown Feb/Mar 2023. Looking forward!

      Delete
    2. Wow! Great! I look so forward to it. Please let me know your new address

      Delete
  4. King's Beef Noodle (KBN) will be opening in Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya in Feb/Mar 2023. Looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No.31, Jalan SS21/56B,
    Damansara Utama,
    47400 Petaling Jaya
    Selangor

    ReplyDelete