'OUG' Roast Pork

by - 3:15 AM

I am actually quite a balance of both being a carnivore and herbivore and not just the former, as most friends would know. This is because I’d order anything with pork! Thus, friends would ask or tells me of places that serve nice pork, surprising? No.

My friend, Mia, who introduced Nasi Kandar ‘Ganja’ to me, had been telling me of this nice yummy roast pork somewhere in Overseas Union Garden, hence, the name ‘OUG Siew Yoke (Roast Pork)’. It was a Saturday mid-afternoon that we met up, and was guided all the way into OUG, which I had not gone in for years. I find the roast pork serves is not as moist and crispy as the other in KL, but, also good – I’d give this place a rating of 7.

In fact, I find the Roast Chicken is more delicious (if there's ever such a description!) than its roast pork. The chicken meat is so tender and moist yet roasted to perfection. You can see from the photo itself. Do order the roast chicken as I highly recommend this. I give the roast chicken a 9 rating.



No meal is complete without chicken rice itself. You have a choice of either plain white rice or ‘yau fun’ (literally translated as oily rice). The rice is normally cooked using chicken fats resulted from the chicken after being steamed. Thus, the rice not only has a fragrant whiff to it, but, the rice itself is soft and tasty. Yes, to go with the sauce. Yummy.
We also ordered a plate of vegetables with it and the whole meal for four, inclusive of drinks, costs around RM30-36. Btw, all are ‘small eaters’!

It is a corner coffee shop located in a row of single storey shops amidst a housing area. You can easily finds this place as I noticed that this seemed to be kind of a ‘main road’ as most cars drives through this road after a few turnings. As you are approaching the shop, another landmark easily noticed, is the Four Faced Buddha Temple next to it.

Check out for the address the next time you are in the blog. I cant promise you when I can get the address tho'!

You May Also Like

0 comments