Anyone game for Nasi Kandar 'Ganja'?

by - 3:02 AM

Nasi Kandar is quite common in Malaysia and is normally sold in Indian Muslim Restaurants. One of the re-known Nasi Kandar in Malaysia is Nasi Kandar Kayu (NKK), which I know of a business friend, who will not eat from any other except for NKK. Maybe, I should buy this for the friend to try and am really curious to know what the outcome is. Look out for an update on this!

When I was first invited for lunch by a friend, for Nasi Kandar ‘Ganja’, I was like, ‘What?? Do they actually serve with Ganja?” Obviously, I went for it, and not regretted AT ALL. We had to go early to avoid the crowd as my friend cautions that the queue can get rather long, as long as a dragon’s length. Okay, half a dragon’s length. Not one dragon.

We were there by 12pm, and as we were approaching the place, without winding down the car’s window, I can get a strong whiff of nice fragrant fried chicken! I am not kidding. As in any Nasi Kandar Restaurant, you have a choice of white or beriyani rice, I opted for the latter (photo below) with no doubt, its fried chicken, cabbage and comes with a full egg and topped of with your choice of sauce curries i.e. chicken, fish. The meal costs me RM8. While my friend chose the former, RM6 with fried chicken, ladies fingers, cabbage and a bit of pickles.

Now comes the best part. Why-lah Nasi Kandar ‘Ganja’? Can you see the clump of ‘stuff’ on your left, next to the chicken? THIS IS THE BEST STUFF aka ‘Ganja’. It is actually the leftover or crispness of the chicken which they dish out from the bottom of the big wok, not the Chinese Tai Wok, literally translated as Big Trouble. Ha-ha.

Go check it out at:

Restoran Raihan Nasi Kandar
5 Jalan Penggawa U1/75
Batu 3, Eight Industrial Park
40150 Shah Alam

They are only close once a month, which is last Sunday of each month.

You May Also Like

0 comments