Restaurant Double Joy (formerly known as Siong Hee) - Deer Meat Noodles, Anyone?

by - 6:34 PM


Restaurant Double Joy was literally translated from it's former name, Restoran Siong Hee. 

This is also, another restaurant that went "missing", Yes. Shifted and was just behind their previous location. Still as delicious :)






One of their specialties is Deer Meat Noodles ala Wat Tan Hor Style or Cantonese version. The first time I was introduced to this noodles, I didn’t realize it was deer meat as it was tender and well, tasted like chicken meat minus the ‘toughness’ of the meat. If you know what I mean. It is being cooked with lots of sliced ginger and spring onions and generously coated with sauce which has whipped egg in it. This noodle is best paired off with pickled green chilly instead of the usual red chilly. If you ‘ran out of sauce’, wink wink, you can ask them to add some more for you.

I don’t know what hit me the other day, but, I ordered all the wrong dishes except for the noodles and Thai Fried Rice (the lady owner’s recommendation). I was meant to order the homemade steamed white taufoo that is served with minced meat, but instead I ordered the above, homemade fried taufoo served with mushroom, prawn and celery. It is well, pleasantly nice and tasty which is typical of any restaurant. I recommend you try the steam white taufoo.



As for the Thai Style Fried Rice, it’s nothing really special but with a slight fragrance of lemon grass that is being served with chunks of chicken by the side.

The other special dish is known as Champagne Pork Spare Ribs, but again, yours truly ordered ‘Pork Spare Ribs’ (Pai Kuat Wong) instead. I didn’t realize it was a wrong order until I started to comment about how the size of the meat has shrunk. Then it hits me! Wrong dish. But then, it was tasty – not too sweet nor too sour. Go for the Champagne Pork Spare Ribs, if it’s your first visit. Trust me, its delicious! Now the total bill comes up to:



Restaurant Double Joy opens from 11AM – 2:30 PM, re-opens at from 5:30 PM to 10;30 PM. Their new address is:

27, Jalan SS 3/37, 
Taman Universiti, 
47300 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor, Malaysia



View Larger Map

You May Also Like

0 comments