Noble House Seafood Restaurant - Klang

by - 10:28 PM

When one goes to Klang, its either for the BKT (Bak Kut Teh) or Seafood. Obviously, Klang has been leaving up to its name for this two famous specialties. I was fortunate to be taken to this restaurant about two weekends ago by my auntie who is residing in Klang itself. This restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner, and, its chef had won numerous awards for some wonderful dishes which is being served in the restaurant too! You can see the pictures and award certifications being displayed proudly.

'Oh Lor Mee Sua' (Oyster Mee Sua) is one of the specialty of this place. As you can see, there is generous amoung of oysters inside the mee sua, however, you will only discover the generosity as you scoop right to the bottom of the bowl. Initially, we thought they were rather selfish with the amount of oysters, boy, were we wrong. Ahem - embarassing. Hahaa. The Oh Lor Mee Sua is apparently to be eaten with some black vinegar, but, I prefer not adding in the vinegar, as you can taste the sweetness of the fresh oyster and the soup itself. By adding the black vinegar, the sweetness of the oysters is being totally camouflaged by the sourness from the black vinegar. I definitely recommends eating it as it is - au naturel.

This bowl costs RM23 which is nice for around 4 pax or more, if you order other dishes.

One's trip will not be complete, dare I say, without having seafood? Well, this is 'Tau Tai Cheong' - White Pomfret served typical chinese style - steamed with fried shredded ginger and garnished with spring onions. The fish in INDEED very fresh and quality is good. The fish meat is rather thick and its steamed to perfection!!! Its only when a fish is fresh does one dares to steam, what more from a restaurant and from Klang ;-)

The chef is being awarded for a particular dish made from this fish. You need to have a table of 10pax in order to be able to order a fish big enough (for its meat) for the chef to make 10 different types of dishes from its meat. The chef will deep-fry its bone and use it as part of the food decoration. I am sure you can eat it too as it looks very very crispy. I have not had the opportunity to try this yet as there were only 4 of us that day. Who would like to go? Lets make a date.

Btw, the above fish costs me RM79 and I had an initial shock as it was the most expensive item in the bill. After coming out of my shock, it was definitely worth paying - the freshness and thickness of its meat.


Life is indeed full of surprises! Once you discovered something, there is an abundance of it and you need not look further. I was once thinking it was not easy to find food such as 'Chee Hoon Kern' (Noodles made from Tapioca) in KL or PJ, as it is a more popular food amongst the older generations like my parents and me. Ahem.
However. Surprise, surprise, there are actually quite a few places that serves this. I am sure my nephews and nieces do not know what is this. It doesnt taste like the typical 'chee hoon kern' you get in KL or PJ, now I know, why my aunt said that her friends will travel down to Klang for this. As you can note, the one in Klang is being fried together with chives. I dont really know how to describe the taste but to me, its more like char koay teow? Try it for yourself and tell me. This plate of 'Chee Hoon Kern' costs RM9.


There is nothing really much to comment on vegetables which are commonly stir fried with chopped garlics, is there? The only describeable (is there such a description?) comment is that its not being overly done as in being stir fried for too long where the green becomes yellow! I can still taste the sweetness and crunchiness of the veg. Anyhow, the above 'Wong Tai Mui' cost RM12 per plate.
In summary, all the above portions were for 4 pax. You can locate Noble House Seafood Restaurant at:
No 5 Jalan Temoh
41400 Klang
Tel: +603-3343 0927.
I will try and scan in the map; otherwise call me and I will direct you there. Better still, meet me there and buy me dinner. I will pay for my toll and petrol ;-) Ps: dont forget to try its pineapple but you can forget about the jelly though.
Happy Hunting.






View Larger Map

You May Also Like

0 comments