Kedai Makanan Rasa Lain - Bercham

by - 7:29 AM

I was introduced to this place by my current colleagues' who enjoys eating as much as I do, I think. The very much acclaimed dish is none other than the Claypot Cheese Prawns, which is aptly named just the way it is being cooked.

The prawns are topped with a mixture of both cheese and mayonnaise (not that they tell us, but we concluded from our taste buds!) with some curry leaves thrown in to add the oomph, served in a piping hot claypot!
The best part is none other than the mixture of sticky strings of cheese + mayonnaise! For someone like me who cant tolerate diary product, this is much enjoyable without the 'milky/diary smell'. The prawns are fresh but not really coated with the mixture on the inside. Nonethless, this is rated 9/10 for me and my group, because of the delicious mixture.
Fishballs? What is so special? These are homemade, 'bouncy' truly fishballs which you can taste the sweetness of the fish it is being made from; simple and laced with just plain soy sauce sprinkled with some spring onions to finish the presentation touch. Its the taste which matters - therefore, it deserves a rating of 8/10.
The other recommended dish by my colleague was the 'Premium Sauce Clams', literally translated from 'Seong Thong LaLa', which is richly garnished with shreds of ginger and spring onions with Shiao Xing Wine (Rice Wine) to add a bit more tinge to the dish. The clams were fresh and nicely cooked, thus minus the 'chewy' work. Despite being a bit too salty, overdose of soy sauce, we still find it pleasantly nice. It would have been much tastier. I will give this dish a try again the next time am there which will likely to receive a higher rating from now, 6/10.
We had two other dishes, one dish of fresh vegetable 'Thong Oh' nicely fried with just plain soy sauce and Salted Egg Yoke Crab, which to me, is nothing much to shout about. I noticed other tables ordering Claypot Crab Glass Noodles - will order that on my next trip back! The total cost for this meal for 4, inclusive of drinks for each amounted to RM130.

Kedai Makanan Rasa Lain  is located at:
69 Persiaran Medan Bercham 2
Pusat Bandar Baru Bercham
Ipoh
Contact:+6012 512 8407

You May Also Like

0 comments