Let's DUCK in Restaurant Loong Foong, Taman Paramount

by - 1:29 AM


It amazes me years back, when I first drove past this place, around noon. You will see 'stark naked' ducks hanging in a row, and fans' blowing at them. Must be the heat >.<  So. One fine day. I decided to venture into Restaurant Loong Foong, which is located in Taman Paramount, Petaling Jaya, with family.

They are famed for their ROAST DUCK which are quickly snapped up, even right after 1-2 hours off opening time! They are only open for dinner. Not to be disappointed, do call and book your duck!




Each time a batch of roast duck vanishes from the hanging row, (sounds like hanging sentence!), it will take 20 minutes at least for a new batch to appear from the hot oven and a good 10 minutes for it to cool before they can cut according to the orders.


You can see whiff of hot vapor as the boss and lady boss cuts into the ducks! The skin is crispy, though not as crispy as another restaurant that is famous for it's roast duck as well. However, the marination of the duck in 5 spice powder and it's other secret ingredients (?), is well blended.


The meat is juicy sweet and tender. My favorite part of a roast duck or roast chicken? It's the ribs! The flavor, 5 spice powder and sweetness all bursts into the mouth as you bite and slow eat rib by rib. Awesome. For me, that is :)




It was only 4 minutes to 5 PM and I decided to buy yesterday, as I saw the queue line was rather short. The boss's daughter, asked, who has not have a number yet. Oh. I need to take number. To my horror, and I am already the 55th customer.


 I was 'cheated' by the sight of the short queue. Never mind, I am already 12th in line. So I waited. And waited. And waited. While texting away with a friend on whatsapp, the wait was rather short. It was exactly ONE HOUR that I was in line when it was my turn :(  During the queue, the daughter announced, once you have taken a number, you do not need to queue in line. You can take a seat, pointing to the rows of empty chairs which she has lined up. Interesting concept. She will write you the number on a paper while she will record the number and order on another piece of card board.


 It was quite a few years back, when I dined in with my family, as mentioned earlier. They do have nice dishes like seafood like fish maw, sea cucumber, tauhoo, fish meat, etc  served inside a pumpkin. They have various sizes of pumpkins which you can order according to the number of people you have with you.

I will always ask, what is their specialty, whenever I patronized a new eatery. So, do that, if you are unsure; you won't go wrong.

Yes, some of you may already know this place which is situated in Taman Paramount. Check them out at:

1, Jalan 20/13, Taman Paramount, 
46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Contact: + 603 7876 9045

CLOSED on MONDAY
Tuesday - Saturday: 11 AM - 2PM; 5-10;30 PM
Sunday: 5 - 10:30 PM

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for this post...BBL Foods, pioneer in supply of machinery for Layer Cake and Cookie Plants across India. Quality products and do Project Management consulting.
    Food Manufacturing Consultants
    5 roll refiner machinery
    Snack line supplier
    Potato chips line supplier


    ReplyDelete