‘Big Wok’ (Tai Chow) – Kedai Makanan dan Minuman New Grand View (Taman Sea)

by - 5:35 PM

My regular Thursday badminton kakis’ and I are rather stumped at times of where have our dinner as we always venture back to the same places i.e. Restaurant Hol Thong on Thursdays or Ming Tien Food Court on Tuesdays.

So, we decided to give Restaurant Grand View a try for their 'tai chow'. The restaurant was quite full for that night. It was our first time there, after ‘many moons’ (long time la), we asked for their specialties. Thus, that night we had ‘Fish Curry’ instead of ‘Fish Head’. We ordered for 3 person portion. Not only was the amount of fish given were generous, but we all agreed that this portion can feed for 5 people instead! The fish were fresh and sweet while the mixture of curry blend was just right and goes very well with rice, except for being slightly oily. This bowl of fish curry costs RM36 – worth it.

The Claypot Hoi Sin Sang Meen (Seafood Noodles) was a slight disappointment to both the ladies, except for the guys. What else is new?? As we were walking past a table, it looked so delicious. The below portion is for one person at the cost of RM10, but can actually cater for four people (a bowl each)

Again generous amount of sliced fish, prawns and squids were given together with a raw egg thrown in. You can try if you want, as the phrase goes, ‘One man’s treasure, is another’s poison’.
‘Woon Chai Taufoo’ (Taufoo Bowl) is one of their specialties and I recommend that you go for this. The name of this dish is being derived from the way its prepared i.e. taufoo in a bowl. The taufoo texture is really smooth and is served together with oyster sauce and crispy dried prawns. The amount of oyster sauce can be reduce though. This yummy dish costs RM8

The stir fried Choy Yin was also cooked well with a tinge of ‘Hsiao Shing Hua Tiao Wine’ at the price of RM8 per plate.

One thing for sure, the portion served in this restaurant is huge and generous. Thus, you may want to reduce by one head count if you are ordering.

Kedai Makanan dan Minuman New Grand View is open for dinner only, and is located at:

No 44 Jalan SS23/11
Taman Sea
Petaling Jaya

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I tried the tai chow here for dinner. I ordered the belacan brinjal stir fry and sweet and sour chicken rice as it was just for myself. The food was tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. On a sour note, the boss lady gave me back the wrong change. She gave me RM8 instead of RM18 as my change. I don't think I will be going there again as I read somewhere else that she has done this before, giving the wrong change to customers. Seems like she had done this on purpose, not by mistake.

    ReplyDelete