Restaurant Hua Xing - Sg Way

by - 11:22 PM

This is 'Curry Chicken Bread', which one needs to pre-order a day before. This is only available on Saturdays and the restaurant only makes 10 of this dish. I find this dish is 'just okay' as probably my expectation was set higher by another restaurant in Lukut, Seremban. Therefore, I may not be doing 'justice' to this dish by Rest. HuaXing itself. Despite all said, the bread is nicely made, soft and not too thick, and the bread will nicely soaks up the curry sauce.


This photo taken, is obviously seen with a naked eye that it is not taken by a professional. Do not be deceived - as this is pork ribs cooked with salted egg yolk. Imagine eating pork ribs andwondering where the bone is?? Its very nicely fried, tender yet succulent unlike some places which tends to overfried it. I am a huge fan of egg yolks, with the exception to century eggs. Yes, egg yolks are high in cholesterol but its safe, in my view, to eat once in a while.

This is one dish which not many restaurants specializes or one can find nowadays. Its known as 'She Fun', made of sweet potato which is made into noodles. I understand this process is not easy as I have seen my mum and late paternal grandmother making this!
It does indeed looks like, tastes like but not Hokkien Noodles! It is one of Rest. Hua Xing's specialty. And goes very well with sambal belacan. Should try this.
This is nothing special which you can order from any chinese restaurants. Spinach with wolfberry and topped off with sauce thats from beaten eggs with a tinge of tapioca flour to thicken the sauce. This is as good as it looks - just right!
There are many many choices of dishes that this restaurant serves. I have been to this restaurant numerous times;there are lots of other dishes that I have tried before I decided to share these 'valuable' food joints!
To find Rest. Hua Xing, if you are coming from Subang via Federal Highway, take the turn on your left, when you see Guiness Anchor Berhad (GAB) on your right. As you go up the slip road on your left, you will come straight to some kinda of a 'T' junction, turn right.
As you go straight on, there are rows of shoplots both on the left and right. You can park at the allocated parking spots, and, walk to the back of the shoplot (on your left). Rest. Hua Xing is located on the 1st floor and it is indeed well hidden. They are open for both lunch and dinner.
The address is:
Lot 1-12, 1st Floor,
Plaza Seri Setia,
Jalan SS9/2,
Seri Setia,
Sg Way
Petaling Jaya
Tel: 603-7876 3288


You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. One more foodie sharing her secret to an adventurous gastronomic bliss! Suet, now I have more reason to go after you since you have just magnified one MORE deadly (if I don't exercise reasonable restraint)sin in my lifestyle. :)

    Yaaa hoooooooo....here's to great food and fine life!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you going to take me to the pan mee place....anyway..great effort..it will definately benefit many people who live to eat....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pan mee place in KinKin...please get more food place listed so that I know where to go and Not always call you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry..who is Iceman, may I know? :P

      Btw, I am reviving my food blog..stay tuned..and thanks! do let me know if there's wonderful discoveries by your good self too :)

      Delete